Pigna is calling its name: by building on the hillside the houses seem to be stacked together and
make the village look like a pine cone, pigna in Italian. The streets rise circle-wise to the highest
point and are interconnected bij steep, narrow alleys. The highest point of Pigna offers a great view
over the valley of chestnut and oak woods in the shaded area and olive trees on the sunny side.
The historic centre is around the San Michele church. It was built in 1200 and rebuilt in the 15th century. The church preserves a polyptych of Canavesio with the archangel as the radiant center.
Lower in the valley, just past the village is the spa of Pigna with the sulphur-rich water.